Okay everyone, I’ve been literally doing research on this topic for MONTHS (yes I’m a huge nerd ;)).
And, to my surprise, I had gotten a comment one day asking how I did my posing for my instagram photos. Me?! I wanted to ask, but then I thought why not do a blog posting about it.
So without further ado…
- “Looking back over the shoulder”: In this pose, I will ask the person taking the photo to give me a cue and then I’ll look back, while sucking in (almost taking an inhale). It gives an almost “Oh, I am just walking and you caught me off guard” look. It’s sexy, cool and one of the most popular poses!
2. “Grasping the Arm” pose: This trick is excellent when I’m having one of those days where I’m feeling bloated (you all feel me?). It seriously is amazing at covering the tummy area!
3. “Do something with your hands”: Keep your hands occupied. Play with your hair, put them in your pockets, etc. This way it looks more candid and less awkward. Tip: I practice some of these in the mirror first to see what looks best.
4. “Close your eyes towards the sun”: Okay, this trick seriously saved my life! Haha I know I am over dramatizing just a bit ;). But you know how when you are trying to take that awesome photo and the sun is just killing it for you? You just CAN’T keep those eyes open? Um yeah, I hear you, and this is seriously all you do:
- Close your eyes
- With eyes closed, put your face up to the sun
- Hold for about 5-10 seconds
- And voila! You’re eyes become more adjusted to the light. Works EVERY time! 🙂
5. “Toes up and one foot in front”. Lift your heels up about 2 inches. This helps elongates those beautiful legs of yours (especially if you are wearing flats). Put one foot in front of the other to appear slimmer. All of this might feel a bit awkward, but I promise that you will look amazing darling!
(FYI, yes I still have my pregnancy line on my belly. But I have no shame; I love my body and what it has done to make a human being. Just like with stretch marks and varicose veins, us women got to stay strong together and love every last bit of our flaws) Okay, rant is over ;-P.
6. “Pucker up, kissy face” pose. I know what you’re thinking: these types of photos are so 2013, but hear me out. I still see girls doing this ALL of the time. From tweens to major fashion bloggers. There is a sexy and classy way of doing this.
The first photo almost makes me appear older and as if I am trying too hard. Whereas the second photo is relaxed and flirty. Here is what you do:
- Relax the eyebrows and forehead
- slightly lift up the jaw whilst looking at the camera
- Say the word “prune” (weird I know!!!), but it makes for more of a natural kiss
7. Last tip: “Get Inspiration”. Check out your favorite fashion bloggers and instagramers. We all end up learning from each other and that will, in turn, help us grow. Feel free to follow me on instagram here for any inspiration.
There is literally a ton of other tips and tricks on how to pose. And to be totally honest, I haven’t completely mastered any of them. A lot of it has to do with practice and taking a TON of photos. Moving around with each camera click will help you work with your angles. The more you’re in front of the camera, the better! You got this girlboss!
Let me know in the comments below on what was your favorite pose? Or one that you are already currently doing? Either way, I’d love to hear from you all!