Here we are ending the month of February and there is still a lot of winter gloom going around. In Arizona, the sun shines pretty much all year round, but I know a lot of the country is dealing with cloudy skies and snow still.
So, I thought I would create a blog posting on different ideas to help boost your mood and look forward to this year’s spring style!
First off, I always like to start my outfit off with a crop top. Adding a sweater crop top gives us the winter warmth while mentally making us feel like we’re in the summer heat. I couldn’t find the one pictured on Target’s online store, but I found a similar one from Tilly’s here. Bonus: This one is on sale!
Pair this crop top with some high wasted jeans and a nice thick coat, if you are in a colder climate.
Furthermore, I included this adorable denim clutch, that went perfect with the navy blue and coral. Found here at Target.
And finally, add a bright colored accent piece to your outfit such as these wedges from Target. They bring such a pop of color to the blues that scream spring is just around the corner! Plus, it gives an added cheeriness and pep in our step when we include such exuberant colors. Don’t let the gloom get in your way of your style.
If all else fails, eat a tropical fruit or light a tropical candle. Nothing gets me more ready for summer like eating pineapples and smelling my island mango candle from Target. I can almost envision the palm trees waving on the beach while I’m in my bikini, wedges and beach salty hair as I am writing this post. Now, take the opportunity to do so yourself. Trust me, it will be summer again in no time!
Thank you for reading!
*Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored and all of my opinions are my own. I share items that I have purchased and love, hoping that you will too.
In this blog posting, I wanted to share with you some of my favorite lip colors of this season and how perfect is it to share around Valentine’s Day?
- This matte lip stain in the color, High Drama, has such a deep vampy color, makes it perfect for date night. It can be found here.
- The bottom lip liner is a popular matte nude color that I see on social media all of the time and I have bought this over and over again for the last 2 years! It’s the color ‘whirl’ from MAC and it can be found here.
- This next lip color is absolutely beautiful and so rich in color! I love it because I can make it lighter or darker depending on how much I apply. The dark color is a perfect pairing for a February winter look. This color (in Bette) can be found here.
- Also, this is not a NARS lip color, but I am putting this one on here, because I use this as a base for the NARS to last on my lips. It is the Hourglass lip pencil in the shade ‘Icon’ found here. Bonus: I use this color on it’s own too, and it’s such a bold red that is just gorgeous in the Spring and Summer!
- I’m putting in this color for those of you who want more of a natural shade for your Valentine’s Day event. This Lorac lipstick has such an amazing smooth finish and I use the above MAC lip liner underneath to make it last longer. It is in the shade ‘Duchess’ found here.
Kat Von D
- This one was not in the photo but I wanted to share this last shade with you because I am absolutely obsessed with Kat Von D’s everlasting liquid lipstick colors. This shade Underage Red – bright crimson is perfect if you’re looking for a brighter red for your Valentine’s Day. And the long lasting wear of these colors are just unbelievable.
I hope you enjoyed this posting, comment below to let me know what shade is your favorite! Thank you.
*Disclosure: This post was not sponsored and I am not a beauty expert. I just want to share my favorite products and hope you’ll love them too!